April 15, 2010

England: where it all started

In 2002, during some chiropractic treatment I worked out that my physical and psychological problems were as a result of being a womb twin survivor.  I managed to heal the problems I had to the extent that my life changed completely. I wondered if there were any other womb twin survivors out there, so as a writer, counsellor and published author with plenty of energy and time, I set out to learn more.  In 2007 I got a grant to create a membership organisation and hold a conference from Unltd in London. (They give grants to social entrepreneurs in the UK) 

I built a website for this work - wombtwin.com. I had created a new word - " wombtwin" -  so I was able to see the idea spreading across the internet.
I then gathered some reports, published work and stories together to create an anthology of chapters written by people from all over the world and called "Untwinned."  Soon I had a small collection of useful books for womb twin survivors and people who wanted to learn more about them.

We now have a membership organisation, called Wombtwin.com Ltd. and anyone who wants to can become a member.

(NOTE: if you live in the UK or Europe you can become a full member, other wise for the moment you can become an associate - which is free of charge, so why not join today?)

The research continues, and I am still writing - at the moment it's a comprehensive review of my eight years of research called Womb Twin Survivors, but there will be others, in time....follow my progress on my Wombtwin Survivors blog.

I am delighted to be a contributor to this blog and I look forward to reading posts from womb twin survivors all around the world - how exciting!

With all good wishes

Althea

No comments:

Post a Comment