December 30, 2010

December's Hello From Canada

Sorry for the late post, the holiday's have kept me well occupied.

Along with it came the usual emotional ups and downs that the season brings.

Remembering memories of bygone days.

The magic of Christmas and nastalgia heavy in the air.



My memories of those gone to the other side of life before me, my twin, Michael, my Mom and Grandad and sadly many, many others.

Carrying their memories with me, as I live the life set before, adapting , enduring and persevering with enthuiasm. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;P)

Running with it, as I plough through, sometimes with childish enthuiasm, sometimes not so much. Life IS for the living after all.



So the preparing for Christmas, the prime directive.

Volenteering and baking all the goodies set aside for THIS season only. The wrapping of Christmas treasures, random deliveries for Old St. Nick, and sharing lovely memories with the near and dear.

Making more memories and etching them in my brain.



Thankfully, the weather actually cooperated with us this year.

We actually had more rain at times than snow. It made easier for travel up hill and down dale, making all necessary stops.

The usual for this time of year would have made it near impossible to get around.

Truth be told I prefered the change. From the usual frigid temperature when it plummets down to the minus double didgets.

Today, if I didn't know better, I would say it seems that spring is just around the corner.



Happily there were a few beautiful snowfalls with those huge fat flakes that just lazily drift down from the sky like feathers.

For the first time in donkey ages during one of these snowfalls, my girls and I had a big snowball fight with the neighbourhood kids.



Sides equally gathered we let loose our cold projectiles and let fly.

I haven't laughed so hard in absolute ages. It was great fun.

I highly reccomend it if the opportunity arises.



I played like a child and felt my brother Michael right there with me.

Implanting strategy and defense to help in the foray.

Sadly alas, we lost and the other team was rewarded with a handshake,

a Merry Christmas, and candycanes all around.



My sincere hope and wish is that you have the opportunity to laugh like a little child,

dance like no one is watching, and love like there's no tomorrow.

Have a wonderful, prosperous, healthy, and peace filled New Years.



Live In Peace and Peace Will Live In You...

No comments:

Post a Comment