January 01, 2011

What will

the year ahead bring?  Typicall today's the day when we start on New Year's Resolutions, if we bother at all.  I've hardly ever, if at all kept mine; in a similar pattern I've very really achieved my goals so.....

At the end of "1111",and the beginning of 2011, I'm creating new pattern for myself by the baby step route.

How many times have we set goals never to achieve them? Whether it's weight loss (we'd look & feel so good in that dress, pair of jeans....); relationships, financial or another area of our lives we've never quite managed it. Today this Womb Twin Survivor has moved a little way on the path to achieving goals. (Just a little word of advice, the effectiveness of this technique, may depend on how far along your own healing path you are.) Ready for it? Ok, here goes.

If you're not setting goals for yourself (or even "things to do today") start now & start small.  eg.  "Today I will have a herbal tea at breakfast (rather than the normal black);  text new years greetings to friends withtout clever wording; watch a tv programme that makes me laugh; get the kids to bed to bed within 15 minutes of my ideal time & tidy one drawer in my desk."  And make a committment to yourself to get those tasks done.

This technique is setting yourself up for success as you give yourself a better chance of getting done those things to which you committ. After a while you'll start to realise you can achieve/get done those things which matter to you & so your sense of self-esteem improves.  

I feel delighted to have got done what those things that I'd committed to doing.  Now to keep it up!   (If you find this isn't working for you it may be because you're setting yourself too big/too many things to do in the day; that they're not that important to you or that you're at a place in your journey where you're self-sabotaging.)  Whatever scenario is true for you, remember you're in the right place for you right now; be gentle with yourself & allow your healing to continue.

Warm wishes for this Year.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Andrew, how true! It's not the size of the steps you make, but the number of them that will comprise your journey! When I walked the Camino Santiago in Spain I had to walk over 400 miles, but the journey was made out of many hundreds of thousands of individual steps. If I had sat still and worried about the number of steps I still had to make, I would still be in Pamplona with 400 miles to go! What I learned then - that you just have to keep going, inch by inch, mile by mile, and know that many thousands of people walk with you on the same journey - has enabled me to build this womb twin project.

    Always remember that the journey always lies ahead and others walk with you - you are never alone. Keep at it. We are all going the same way and we are all going together!

    ReplyDelete