October 28, 2010

I am a bunch of people

I found a way towards healing my twin loss wounds by giving myself permission to stay connected, I could even say, fused with my twin(s). My life is their life too, we are together here and now, and when ever I realize this everything changes. Because it helps me to understand my mood changes, my difficultys in relationship, and other subtil things in my character that cause my suffering. It's a refief to know that I am "a great bunch of guys", it makes me realy happy, it lightens me up from inside! :-)

Talking to a therapist about it I got this explanations and I must share them with you, because they are healing words:

Transitions that shift the physical presence of twins on earth do not mean that the connection between them is broken and the relationship is over. Its quite the contrary in my experience. The twinship lives on with a strong power that effects one's life in numerous ways. When it is owned, integrated and given a sanctuary inside one's heart, it can be a force that enhances, enriches and empowers one's life.

Though a clear 'goodbye' might be something that is healing for some people, for others it is the very acceptance and connection with one's twin that brings freedom and a new ability to live. Even if one comes to a place of saying some kind of a 'goodbye', whatever that means for that individual, the 'goodbye' is often simply a means of finding a new and different way of holding the twin connection and allowing it to live on.

What is important is that each surviving twin find the way that will enable them to ultimately embrace, own and celebrate their own life while integrating their twin loss. Everyone must find their own way of integrating their twin loss. Some stay actively and consciously connected with their twins; others may go unconscious and spend their life seeking to fill the void or find the one who left; while others might find other strategies that ultimately do or don't become supports for their own growth.

Twinship, weather there is loss or not, is not something that one says good bye to in my experience. It is something that one holds dear, misses, yearns for, deeply embraces, remembers, celebrates, honors and ultimately accepts and moves forward with. It is in the acceptance of one's twinship and the twins transitional loss that one can establish a new connection with one's own individual path as well as one's twin(s).

You sound as if you have connected to your own guidance and knowing about what path is right for you. It sounds as if your deeper wisdom, relative to your lost twins, is showing you how to walk forward in a way that will support you to stay connected and also live a joyous, free and integrated life; and that is what we all want and need.

This is a testimony of what it might be like to be a bunch of guys. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, such a kinder, gentler and funner way to look at being a womb twin survivor. I agree with Robbie - we are very special indeed! And I agree that it changes with me - sometimes I'm the twin/triplet/quadruplet and sometimes I'm the individual ME. The key is comfort, no matter the incarnation. As I heal and it all softens and I accept and understand all that I am, the happier I feel to be so special (and thankfully, the less confused I am by it). I know you will feel more & more happy too in time because your quest toward understanding is undying.

    Go Claudia Go!

    Will write more to you soon...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to have a resource like this for young womb twin survivors! Bravo Claudia...how I wish I was born at a time like this, this kind of awareness would have helped me tremendously. So much more damage was suffered out of ignorance so I am thankful you have created this for present & future generations.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, that comment was for the little film you made...

    ReplyDelete