August 14, 2010

A new idea: a place to make a beautiful memorial to your womb twin

On the womb twin web site we have created a special place for every one of you to create a virtual memorial plaque for your womb twin. Each one looks like a little image sitting on a web page, barely visible, but when you click it it will enlarge as big as you want it, so you can see all the details.

A wonderful metaphor for the way that your lost womb twin seems so insignificant to the casual disinterested observer, so that that no one believes such an early loss can possibly matter at all. It's not until we take a REALLY close look, that we are able to see all the details - then the true extent of this loss is made visible.

It takes about a week for your special memorial to be created; there is a whole gallery of special images to use, or you can create your own image and send it to us. All it takes is a donation to WombTwin.com and your memorial plaque will be up there for all the world to see.

We have developed the image of the birds, and they are all taking off into the blue...

It's just a trickle at the moment, but soon there will be hundreds.....  It's here. Take a look for yourself.


1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone....I have posted my IN MEMORY plaque of my precious twin sister Joy Elizabeth Sarah. I cannot find EXACT words to tell you how important this step was for me ! My daddy died in 2005 so his grave marker is a tangible sign for me of the place my daddy is now in comparison to his being here IN THE FLESH.

    This IN MEMORY site has allowed me to complete the closure and tangibly honor the beloved memory of my sweet, sweet twin sister, Joy Elizabeth Sarah. I feel soooooooooo different.

    It is sort of like I was much more able and willing to let her go knowing that letting her go IN NO WAY means she is forgotten,just like with my daddy.

    My sweet precious sister now has a blessed funeral and marked memorial place all her own. And I will never forget her, EVER, However, I am now free to live my own life as the twin that survived and love her and love ME at the same time.

    I hope this helps someone out there as much as it has helped me ...

    Love and TWIN HUGS and TWIN JOY

    Love, JO
    (Josephine from St. Louis)

    ReplyDelete